Providence is calling a Physical Therapist to the Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK.
The Physical Therapist will develop, coordinate and maintain Physical Therapy services in collaboration with physicians, primary partners and patient/family.
Opportunity for wound care training.
In this position you will:
- Provide services to inpatients, outpatients and home health care clients and long term care residents.
- Collaborate with other team members to plan and provide important aspects of care, in compliance with hospital standards and guidelines established by the American Physical Therapy Association in conjunction with regulatory requirements of both federal and state agencies.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate physical therapy under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Contact vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
- Document evaluation, plan, care delivered and outcomes in accordance with medical center, long term care center and department standards.
- Provide patient, family and community education in a variety of physical settings.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire
- Valid Alaska driver’s license with current auto insurance and reliable transportation
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty
About the Physical Therapy Department in Seward
Serving Seward and the tourism/cruise ship industry, Providence Seward Medical Center is a collaborative effort between an Alaskan community and Providence Health System. In 1996, the City of Seward awarded Providence a long-term contract to manage and operate its municipally owned hospital and clinic. In addition to 24-hour emergency room services, the hospital provides inpatient care for needs that can be handled by the Seward primary care physician and physician assistant team, outpatient clinic services, physical therapy, diagnostic and home health care services.
Therapy services are provided for individuals who have been injured, are experiencing pain related functional limitations, have experienced sudden health changes or suffering from disease which causes struggles in daily activities or work. Therapists work as a team to assist individuals in achieving their highest level of mobility, strength and function, community integration, language and cognitive skills.
Answer the call. Providence is calling.
When applying online, please reference job number 76620.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Active Abilities Physical Therapy is seeking a full time Physical Therapist to join our growing team in Sterling, Alaska.
Are you looking for a change from stressful limited treatment times of corporate healthcare? Would you enjoy working where the patient is the most important aspect of your job? A place where you are valued as an asset of the practice and have ample opportunities to expand your professional and personal growth? We may have just what you’re looking for.
- Live and work in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula near the famous Kenai River
- Join a team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- Exciting program development and Community Involvement
- Ample treatment times with each patient
- Opportunity for sign-on bonus with a three year commitment
- Bonus opportunities
- Competitive salary based upon experience and skill sets
- Benefit package Includes: paid leave, generous CEU allowance, paid holidays, retirement package, professional liability coverage.
Applicants must possess excellent customer service and evidence based manual and orthopedic skill sets.
Mail, Fax, or e-mail Resume/Curriculum Vitae to:
Tina McLean, PT, ATC, Clinical Director.
P.O. Box 1118, Sterling, AK 99672
Fax: (907) 262-7749