Advertise with us! Fill out the Career Center Advertising Order Form to be posted in our Career Center!
Providence is calling a dynamic and enthusiastic Physical Therapist to the Rehabilitation Department at the Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
Looking for adventure? Looking for world renowned skiing and snowboarding? Join our team while you live and work in the world’s most beautiful and stunning mountains on the shores of one of Alaska’s premier play grounds; the Prince William Sound. We have outdoor adventure literally at your doorstep. Miles of groomed skate and classic ski trails; heli skiing; motorized sports, ice climbing, kayaking, summer hiking on maintained trails or through tundra, and recreating and fishing on beautiful Prince William Sound. Valdez has not only a career opportunity, but is a lifestyle choice for those seeking a true Alaskan adventure!
We work closely as part of an interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. Enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
In this position you will:
- Provide accurate patient evaluation, develops appropriate treatment plans as ordered by physician or other referral source.
- Develop and maintain public relations both internally with physicians, patients, and co-workers and externally with visitors, other health care agencies and community members to promote a positive image.
- Coordinate patient treatments with other departments that impact the patient’s health care needs to ensure integration with other aspects of the patients’ total health care.
- Act as a provider and consultant to other health care facilities and community health organizations to facilitate department services and understanding of Rehabilitation.
- Maintain patient records to assure that the patient receives accurate therapy and to assure accurate therapy charges.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from a course of study approved by the Council of Medical Education
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska
- Basic Life Support (AHA) required upon hire
- Knowledge of currently accepted therapy theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues
- Ability to adapt therapies to the unique needs of our patients
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients
- Ability to read, record and write therapy notes, reports, clinical notes, and communications to and from other team members
- Solid communication, organization, and problem solving skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience is preferred
About the Medical Center you will serve:
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 163860.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Denali Physical Therapy is looking for YOU!
Our upbeat fast-paced outpatient orthopedic clinic in Anchorage, Alaska is seeking a licensed Physical Therapist and Certified Hand Therapist for our new state-of-the-art Midtown location. The candidate must be CHT or in the process of obtaining CHT. We are interested in a candidate with strong clinical skills and a desire to provide superior patient care; with experience in splinting as well as pre and post op surgical care.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional patient care and results oriented reputation. We have a strong commitment to our employee’s education and continued growth. We offer a competitive salary enriched by a therapist incentive program, full medical and dental package, short and long term disability, 401K, PTO, continued education and more.
We also offer a Sign-On and Relocation Bonus if applicable. Find us on the web at www.denalipt.com
Select Physical Therapy is looking for YOU!
We are outpatient orthopedics with SEVEN locations in Alaska locally managed by a treating Physical Therapist and GREAT team leader. Our clinicians treat a diverse population of teens through geriatrics offering general ortho, aquatics, sports medicine, industrial and hand rehabilitative services. Select PT therapists have reasonable caseload expectations with an UNMATCHED continuing education program to keep your skills sharp and career moving forward. We provide local CEU accrediting courses and national certifications FREE for our employees. No cancellations due to low registration, these courses and certifications are brought to YOU chosen by YOU! Our focus on quality patient care with a foundation of education for clinicians continues to drive us forward and grow in your community.
Sign on bonuses up to $10,000 are available for full time PTs.
Loan Forgiveness available ON TOP OF sign on bonus.
Current outpatient orthopedic needs include:
- Anchorage (Alpine location): Full time PTA to join our team of five clinicians at this aquatics, sports med and industrial location.
- Wasilla: Full time PT for our pediatric and adult location in the Valley. We have multiple clinicians on staff and previous pediatric experience or interest is NOT necessary. We can be flexible focusing your caseload for pediatrics and/or teens to geriatrics as desired. Housing available if interested.
- Fairbanks: Full time PT to join a team of PTs and a PTA with HOUSING available.
- Competitive salaries with sign on bonus, loan forgiveness and additional bonuses throughout the year.
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with CEU accrediting courses, national certifications (COMT, Dry Needling, OCS, etc.), study groups, journal club access and MORE!
- Affordable PPO Benefits with tobacco free discounts
- Company matching 401(k)
- Generous PTO PLUS holidays and more!
For additional details, contact Select Physical Therapy’s Alaska recruiter, Shanel!
Select Physical Therapy- Alaska Outpatient Division
Back in Action Physical Therapy is looking for a licensed Physical Therapist for a full-time position. Our locally owned clinic has a nice mix of patient population from children to elderly with a variety of orthopedic, neuro, sports and pre/post-surgical conditions. Our office incorporates on-site aquatic therapy and gait evaluations as well as numerous modalities. We are a multi-specialty clinic with physical therapy, massage therapy and chiropractic care all under one roof. We are looking for an open-minded therapist with an outgoing and friendly personality that will bring a positive energy to our clinic. The perfect candidate will be community minded with a heart for volunteering. Certified athletic trainers or an individual with a background in sports medicine is a plus.
Negotiable basic benefits package:
- Vacation and holiday paid time off
- 401K program
- Health insurance
- Continuing education benefit
- Competitive salary
Please mail, fax or email your Cover Letter and Resume/Curriculum Vitae for consideration.
Back in Action PT
1001 E Bogard Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907) 373 7246
(907) 376 9225 (fax)
Check out our website at www.backinactionak.pt for more information about our team and our practice.